When you use HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
We recommend that you read this policy to learn more about the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
Last modified: November 10, 2021
Effective date: November 11, 2021
This policy describes how HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services anywhere in the world.
Our practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places.
This policy also governs BrakaSoft HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft’s other collections of personal data in connection with its services. For example, we may collect the contact information of owners or employees of stores or other merchants.
All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” in this policy.
- Data controller and transfer
HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft Inc. is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with accessing or using the services.
Questions, comments, and complaints about HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft’s data practices can be submitted to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
III. Personal data collections and uses
- Sources of personal data
The following personal data is collected by or on behalf of HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft:
- Data provided by users. This includes:
- when users provide such information directly to us, and
- Categories of personal data
The following categories of personal data are collected by or on behalf of HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft:
- Personal identifiers, including name, email address, telephone number, IP address, delivery address/current location and Cookies. We collect personal identifiers from users.
- Information protected against security breaches under state law, including name, email address, telephone number, IP address, delivery address/current location, Cookies and payment information (including card number). We collect such information from users, third parties and affiliates.
- Commercial information, including purchase details and history. We collect commercial information from users.
- Internet or other similar network activity information, including Interactions with the Platform, Cookies, device data (such as device ID, manufacturer, operating system, language), IP address, and browsing, search, and purchase history.
- Geolocation data, including current location, which you can choose whether or not to share. We collect geolocation data from users.
- Sensory data, including customer service calls (voice recordings), which we collect from users.
- How we use personal data
We use personal data to operate, improve, understand and personalize the services, including:
- To meet or fulfill the reason you provided the information to us.
- To communicate with you about the services, including service announcements, updates or offers.
- To provide support and assistance for the services.
- To create and manage your account.
- To personalize website content and communications based on your preferences, including targeted offers and ads served through the services.
- To process orders or other transactions, including payment transactions.
- To respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests.
- To improve and develop the services and Platform, including testing, research, analysis and product development.
- To protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions and maintain the safety, security and integrity of the services.
- To comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms and Conditions Use.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- For any other business purpose stated when collecting your personal data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws.
- Data sharing and disclosure
- Purposes of data disclosure
HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft may share personal data for the purposes of:
- Auditing related to a current interaction and concurrent transactions.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use of personal data that is not used by another party to build a consumer profile or otherwise alter your consumer experience outside the current interaction.
- Performing services on our behalf, a retailer store’s behalf or an advertiser’s behalf, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of the business or service provider.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that we own or control.
- Complying with any legal obligation or regulatory requirement.
- Enforcing our contractual terms with users and any other agreement.
- Protecting our rights or the rights of others, including to prevent fraud or other crimes.
- Recipients of personal data
HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft may share personal data with:
- Service providers, including:
- Payment processors
- Security and fraud prevention consultants
- Legal and other professional advisors
- Hosting and other technology and communications providers
- Analytics providers
- Contract personnel
- Parties who acquire your personal data through an acquisition or other change of control. Personal data may be transferred to a third party if we undergo a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft’s assets, whether as a going concern (such as through an acquisition), or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or transaction in which that third party assumes control of our business (in whole or in part).
- Other parties at your direction or with your consent, including:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the services), which may include Stores and/or Delivery Drivers.
- Third-party business partners who you access through the services, such as retail stores and advertisers.
- Other parties authorized by you.
- Parties that require personal data to be disclosed for legal reasons (such as pursuant to subpoenas or other legal process).
- Data retention
We retain personal data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you services or fulfil the purposes for which we have collected the personal data, and afterwards for six (6) months to respond to any follow-up questions or concerns relating to your account. Thereafter, we may retain personal data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we may retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
- Account safety
We recommend appropriately selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism, limiting access to your computer or device and browser, and signing off after you have finished accessing your account to help keep your account safe. Although we work to protect the privacy of your account and other personal data that we hold in our records, no method of transmitting data over the Internet or storing data is completely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of any personal data you share with us, and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content except as otherwise required under applicable law.
- Choice and transparency
- Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. Please check the available settings on your device or check with your provider.
- Marketing and notification choices
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means and any legally required consent to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers or email you about your use of the services. If you want to revoke your consent, or do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by changing your account settings. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages. Please note that if you decline to receive essential account communications (such as receipts), you may no longer be able to use some or all features of the services.
- User personal data requests
Users may submit a personal data request using the following methods:
- Submit a request to delete your data
- Submit a request to know your data
You may also authorize an agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. To do this, you must provide your agent with written permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, and we may request a copy of this written permission from you or your authorized agent when they make a request on your behalf.
- Updates to this policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the HoPscan Platform by BrakaSoft app or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated policy to the extent permitted by law.